Ohio Consortium for Osteopathic Continuing Medical Education
The Ohio Consortium for Osteopathic Continuing Medical Education is composed of the Ohio Osteopathic Foundation, the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, OOA District Academies, and AOA accredited hospitals that offer AOA Category 1 continuing medical education programs. The purpose of the consortium is:
- To cooperatively assess the continuing medical education needs of osteopathic physicians in Ohio;
- To coordinate quality, evidence-based programs in Ohio which meet the standards of AOA Category 1-A sponsorship;
- To ensure a wide variety of CME programs including workshops, internet based programs, and traditional lecture-type programs in all geographic areas of the state; and
- To seek cooperative and innovative ways to fund AOA Category 1-A programs in Ohio.
Other projects in various phases include:
- Diabetes Seminar on Wheels, that would rotate among regions;
- Improved CME opportunities for osteopathic specialists over OhiOne ;
- Category 1 - A programs on the internet;
- Annual on-line CME assessment survey; and
- Development of an Ohio CME Speakers Bureau.
CMEOhio.com is a collaborative enterprise of Ohio's consortium of medical schools, brought together by the common goal of providing healthcare professionals with quality, evidence-based continuing education.
Through a comprehensive catalog representing the schools in the consortium, CMEOhio offers healthcare professionals a single place to research course offerings, participate in e-learning and other continuing education courses, along with simplified tracking of course participation to meet re-licensure and professional organization requirements.
Click here to get started on CMEOhio.com